Thursday, February 4, 2010
If you're home bound, shy, or leery of groups,
check out this website for an alternative to
the mind-and-spirit numbing effect of the
fire-and-brimstone churches of much of
this sad world.
There is only one way to express love; fully.
Rock on, Jesus!
And who are those protesting these billboards?
The ones who have (Truly) been misrepresenting
the word and teachings of the King of Peace for decades.
Righteous! Radical! Recognize!
"Unitarian Universalist congregations affirm and promote the inherent worth and dignity of every person." Hmmm..what a concept!
Copied from their website ate their seven governing principles:
"There are seven principles which Unitarian Universalist congregations affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part."
If you would like to learn more or see about attending, check out their website at:
Next verse, same as the first.
Not all churches honor God, but a bad experience with
a bad church need not cause us to eliminate God (or
spirituality) from our lives.
Here's another church for those who are interested in
finding/reconnecting with a spiritual component,
specifically in an organized group context.
Metropolitan Community Church (MCC) started in 1968
as a congregation specifically dedicated to the LGBT
community. For more info, check below.
(Link isn't working for some reason; please "Copy" and "Paste"
Not all the news is bad news.
For those who wish to maintain a foothold in the church,
there are some alternatives to pain and fear-based old
school congregations and denominations.
Check these out for more information.
And, if you have no use for religion or spirituality,
it's still informative to learn the truth about the teachings
of Jesus that have been obfuscated by puritanical anti-sex