Saturday, October 31, 2009

Keep Hope Alive


DREAM VARIATIONS
by Langston Hughes
To fling my arms wide
In some place of the sun,
To whirl and to dance
Till the white day is done.
Then rest at cool evening
Beneath a tall tree
While night comes on gently,
Dark like me--
That is my dream!

To fling my arms wide
In the face of the sun.
Dance! Whirl! Whirl!
Till the quick day is done.
Rest at pale evening. . .
A tall, slim tree. . .
Night coming tenderly
Black like me.
*************************************************************************
Draw strength from all the brothers and sisters like you that have drawn breath for centuries, in every country in every age.
Realize recognize how many of us 'others' exist even now. Invisibility does not erase our numbers, our impact, our worth, or our possibility.
You are not alone.
Just for today, have faith in that.
Stand strong. Better days are coming.
Peace,
Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment