Monday, November 2, 2009

NO APOLOGIES

NEW & IMPROVED
QUEER PRIDE:
THE 'NO MORE
TEARS' FORMULA!


Say it with me, now;

I have a right to exist.

I have a right to feel my feelings.

I have a right to have my own beliefs.

I have a right to my own values.

I have a right to my own desires.

I have a right to express all of my feelings and desires.

I have a right to be protected from violence.

I deserve to be treated with respect.

Now, when none of these things occur or are allowed...


I have the right--and the responsibility--to stand up for myself.

I have a duty to live the best life I can.

I have a responsibility to speak out against wrong thinking, whether it occurs in a group or one-on-one.

I have a responsibility to shine my light, despite objections and derision.

I will find the strength that is innate within me to persevere and thrive.

I will remember that 'breaking me down' and stealing my joy is exactly what the enemy wants.

"I will not lie down; I will not go quietly."

I will remember that lying about me is doing the enemy's job for them.

Assimilation is death of the heart, the soul, the mind, and the body.

I will forever be my own strongest, best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment