Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Outside the Box


I AM...
Southern,
big and burly,
free-thinking,
a comic book and sci-fi geek,
more cerebral than physical,
somewhat learned (but no common sense,)
obsessive and compulsive,
depressive,
righteous,
good-intentioned,
a mystery-solver,
a deep thinker,
intuitive,
a movie buff,
a sexual dynamo,
a lover of all cuisines,
eternally searching,
an aficionado of foreplay,
musically inclined --but all thumbs,
coping with arrested development,
drawn to cons and ne'er-do-wells,
rage-filled and passionate, a civil rights warrior,
an animal lover,
emotional,
an artist,
a writer,
gardener,
poet,
a son-- four times over,
100% homosexual,
a survivor,
and a man.

But...
I am not
a label.

Nor am I limited to
the ones you might apply
to me.

I am
the sum of all my parts,
and none of my parts will be
dismissed or regulated.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment